As you age, your skin begins to undergo certain changes. Over time, you lose much of the naturally-occurring elastin, collagen, and hyaluronic acid that makes your skin supple and beautiful. This results in lost facial volume and the development of fine lines and wrinkles which can rob you of your youthful appearance.
At New Image Plastic Surgery Associates, we offer a wide range of dermal fillers to help you reverse these signs of facial aging and restore a vibrant, youthful glow. One of these options is Belotero. Belotero integrates with your skin tissue to restore facial volume and structure, helping you reduce the appearance of facial wrinkles.
The best way to find out whether Belotero is right for you is to speak with Dr. Roberta Gartside in person. Please call 703-742-8004 today to schedule a consultation. Our board-certified plastic surgeon serves the Washington DC and Northern Virginia areas.
What is Belotero?
Belotero is a hyaluronic acid-based dermal filler that rehydrates and plumps skin tissue to improve facial contours and even-out lines and creases. By binding with water underneath the skin, this dermal filler is able to add volume, filling in deep wrinkles and fine lines alike.
About half of the body's’ hyaluronic acid can be found in the skin - in both the deep dermal and epidermal layers. With a capacity to attract and hold moisture, hyaluronic acid is essential for volumizing the skin and producing a softer and fuller appearance. Over time, the natural production of this acid declines, allowing the skin to sink and wrinkles to appear. Hyaluronic acid fillers, like Belotero and Juvederm, address this issue by restoring levels of the substance to encourage volumization.
What Can Belotero Treat?
Belotero is FDA-approved to treat:
- Nasolabial folds - Also known as “laugh lines,” these folds run vertically from your nose to your mouth. Over time, these lines deepen, creating a shadowed or sunken look that can age you significantly
- Vertical lip lines - These vertical lines appear above and below the lips and may simply be a result of using the lips for tasks like eating and smiling. They may also be a consequence of cigarette use
- Corner lip lines - A consequence of gravity, the constant downward pull on our skin can result in the corners of the mouth moving into a permanent frown. This can cause a grimaced or even angry look that may be inconsistent with your personality
- Smile lines - Also known as “marionette lines,” these wrinkles run from the corner of your mouth to your chin. Creating a permanent “etched-in” look, smile lines, like those in the nasolabial folds, can age you significantly
- Horizontal chin wrinkles - Looking somewhat like a frowny face, these wrinkles appear across the chin. A result of facial expressions, chin wrinkles, even when subtle, can add years to your appearance
Dr. Gartside may also be able to use Belotero to add volume to other facial areas such as the cheeks and the nose. She may also be able to apply this filler to the Decolletage to address wrinkling caused by heavier breasts or to the back of the hands to provide amore youthful and healthy look. During your initial consultation, she can discuss with you all of the areas that this or another filler may be able to treat.
It should be noted that Belotero does not produce the same dramatic effects as some hyaluronic acid fillers. For example, Juvederm is injected deep into the dermis where it serves to address significant creases throughout the treatment area. Belotero is injected at a shallower depth, making it better suited for minor to moderate lines and wrinkles. Dr. Gartside will work individually with you to help you determine which will be best for your needs.
Benefits of Belotero
Belotero integrates with your skin tissue, allowing the hyaluronic acid gel to plump up and restore volume to the treatment area while maintaining your natural facial contours. This ensures beautiful, natural looking facial rejuvenation results.
Other benefits achieved by using Belotero include:
- Smooth, consistent results
- Long lasting results (between 6-12 months)
- Replaces the natural hyaluronic acid lost during the aging process
- Rehydrates skin for a beautiful, radiant glow
- Injections are comfortable and painless
- Hyaluronic acid gel degrades naturally and is safely absorbed by your body over time
- 97% of patients experience visible improvement in their appearance after one treatment
Dr. Gartside offers a range of surgical and nonsurgical facial rejuvenation options at our DC-area offices. During your initial consultation, she will listen to your concerns, review all of your options, and help you determine which techniques will benefit you the most.
Please contact New Image Plastic Surgery Associates using the form on this page or by calling 703-742-8004 to schedule your facial filler consultation. Dr. Roberta Gartside serves Virginia and Washington DC patients from our offices in McLean and Reston.