Every once in awhile, you get taken by surprise by a big event -- a family wedding you weren't expecting an invite to, a high school reunion that sneaks up on you (has it really been 20 years?), or some other big party that came out of nowhere. You'll want to look your best for these functions, and fortunately there are many facial rejuvenation procedures to help you achieve your desired results.
When trying to look your best before a big event, planning is crucial. There are many minimally invasive facial rejuvenation treatments available to help you reverse the signs of aging, but you'll want to time your procedure properly so that you look your absolute best on the big day.
Here are 5 great nonsurgical facial rejuvenation options along with tips on how far in advance you'll want to get your procedure:
- BOTOX® Cosmetic -- BOTOX® Cosmetic is a great way to improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles caused by facial muscle contractions. Final results appear relatively quickly, making this a great option if you don't plan ahead. That being said, you'll want to get your BOTOX® Cosmetic injections a few weeks prior to the big event to allow for any potential swelling to subside.
- Dermal Fillers -- Dermal fillers are a great way to restore lost facial volume and improve the appearance of wrinkles. But just as you don't want to wait till the day before the event to get your hair colored, you don't want to get your filler treatment the week of the event. Plan ahead and schedule your filler injections for a few weeks before the event to ensure that you look your best.
- Laser hair removal -- Laser hair removal is a great way to permanently remove unwanted hair, but you'll need to plan a little farther in advance. In most cases, laser hair removal requires a series of 4-6 treatments to achieve optimal results. To make sure you have enough time to finish the entire series, you should schedule your first laser hair removal treatment about 4 months prior to the event.
- Chemical peels -- Chemical peels are a great way to restore youthful, glowing skin that helps you look your very best. For optimal results, you'll want to undergo 3-5 treatments spaced two weeks apart to allow enough time for proper cellular turnover. Make sure your last chemical peel is administered at least 2 weeks before the event to ensure that any redness, peeling, or irritation subsides.
- Laser skin resurfacing -- There are a wide range of laser skin resurfacing options available, and each one achieves a slightly different result and has a different recovery time. During your consultation, Dr. Gartside will recommend the ideal laser skin resurfacing procedure to achieve your goals and help you plan out the right timing so that you look amazing for the big event.
If you would like to learn more about facial rejuvenation options that will help you look and feel your best for a big event coming up soon, please contact New Image Plastic Surgery Associates using the form at the left side of the page or call (888) 730-4113 today to schedule a consultation. Dr. Roberta Gartside serves patients in Washington DC and throughout the surrounding areas of Reston, Fairfax, and McLean, Virginia.