When it comes to tummy tucks, you have more than one option. Two of the most common types are a full tummy tuck and a mini tummy tuck. Both are excellent choices if you want to achieve a tighter and flatter stomach.
Some of the main differences between a full tummy tuck and a mini tummy tuck include:
- A mini tummy tuck focuses on the lower abdomen
- A mini tummy tuck is often selected by women who have experienced a C-section or an abdominal hysterectomy
- A mini tummy tuck results in a less-noticeable incision line
- A full tummy tuck addresses the entire abdominal area
- A full tummy tuck addresses problems with excessively loose abdominal skin
- A fully tummy tuck usually involves a longer recovery time
The type of tummy tuck that will work best for you will depend on several factors. The best first step is to schedule an appointment with Dr. Gartside for an evaluation. She will discuss all of your options in detail and answer all of your questions about tummy tucks.
Please contact New Image Plastic Surgery Associates today to schedule a consultation. We serve patients in and around the Washington, CD area.