In 2017, the plastic surgery industry saw increases across nearly every procedure. In fact, according to recent stats from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, both surgical and minimally-invasive procedures as a whole increased two percent over 2016 in the U.S. Breast augmentations continue to rise as well with over 300,000 procedures performed in 2017, making it the most-performed surgical procedure in the industry for over 10 years running.
Some researchers credit the overall rise in plastic surgery to a growing economy and an aging population looking to stay competitive in the workplace. Whatever your reason for wanting plastic surgery, we here at New Image Plastic Surgery Associates are ready to help you along your journey of an enhanced you.
Led by our board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Roberta Gartside, your safety and satisfaction are our top priorities. We do this by creating a relaxing office environment so that the moment you come to us for your cosmetic needs you feel comfortable and at ease. We also believe in providing you with comprehensive information about the procedure you desire so that you can make the most informed decision for your aesthetic goals.
If you’re considering breast augmentation surgery, we encourage you to do research and come to us with any questions you may have about the procedure. We know that this decision is a big step in your life and we’re here to help you understand how we work and how this procedure can help you.
Regardless if you come to us or go to another plastic surgeon for your breast augmentation, asking questions is an important part of finding the right fit for you. Examples of questions you can ask to help learn more about us and the surgery include:
- Are you certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery?
- Are you trained in plastic surgery?
- How many years of plastic surgery training do you have?
- Is the procedure performed at a hospital or do you have an office-based surgical site and is it accredited?
- Am I a candidate for this procedure?
- How long of a recovery period can I expect?
- Are there any risks or complications I should know about?
- How do you handle complications if they arise?
- Will this procedure affect my ability to breastfeed in the future?
- What options do I have if I’m dissatisfied with the appearance of my breasts after the procedure?
- How will my breast implants look in time, especially if I become pregnant?
These are a few examples of the kinds of questions you should ask any plastic surgeon regarding a procedure you’re interested in having. At our office, Dr. Gartside persuades her patients to ask as many questions as they need and will go over everything about the procedure during your comprehensive consultation.
If you’re interested in having breast augmentation surgery and wish to learn more, please contact our office by filling out the form on this page or by calling us at 703-742-8004 to schedule your consultation today. We proudly provide quality plastic surgery procedures to those who live in and near Reston and McLean, Virginia, as well as the Washington, D.C. area.