The aging process impacts everyone sooner or later. Even if you take great care of yourself and put forth your best efforts to maintain youthful, healthy skin, you will eventually feel the effects of gravity, sun exposure, and general aging. If you no longer look as young as you feel, a facelift can be a great option to reverse the signs of aging and restore a more youthful complexion.
While Dr. Gartside offers a wide range of minimally invasive facial rejuvenation options, no procedure can deliver the truly customized, natural looking results of a facelift. Dr. Gartside can help you look as much as 10 years younger after your facelift, giving you the revitalized appearance you desire.
Since every facelift is custom-crafted to address the unique goals of the individual patient, the only way to truly determine whether this is the right option for you is to speak with Dr. Gartside in person. Please call 703-742-8004 today to schedule a consultation at one of our offices in the Washington DC metropolitan area.
Am I a Candidate for a Facelift?
Good candidates for a facelift must be in good overall health, have good skin elasticity, and have realistic expectations for the outcome of their procedure. In addition, you should be looking to address one or more of the following aesthetic issues:
- Deep facial folds from the nose to the edges of the mouth
- Drooping cheeks
- Banding in the neck
- Sagging skin and fat beneath the chin and in the neck region
A facelift isn't intended to address bags or wrinkles around the eyes. If this is your goal, then blepharoplasty may be a better option for you. Also, if creases or sagging in the forehead is your primary concern, then a brow lift may be a better option. In some instances, Dr. Gartside may recommend one of these procedures in conjunction with a facelift for enhanced results.
A Customized Facelift Procedure
Dr. Gartside recognizes that no two faces have the same features, and no two people experience the exact same signs of aging. Therefore, she develops a customized facelift treatment plan in order to ensure that your procedure addresses your unique issues and aesthetic goals.
In order to achieve the beautiful, natural looking facial rejuvenation results you desire, Dr. Gartside may recommend one of the following facelift options:
- Full facelift: This is the most extensive facelift option. Your entire facial region, including your neck, will be treated. It is recommended for patients who experience significant signs of aging throughout the facial region.
- Mini facelift: This procedure is ideal for patients who are only experiencing mild signs of facial aging. It primarily addresses sagging in the mid and lower facial region.
- Mid facelift: This procedure is perfect for patients who only want to improve signs of aging in the middle of their face. The mid facelift focuses primarily on the region surrounding your cheeks.
- Endoscopic facelift: This is the least invasive facelift option we offer. A small camera, called an endoscope, is used to lift and rejuvenate the under-layers of tissue without pulling back the facial skin to reveal the tissue. Smaller incisions are used, reducing scarring and facilitating a faster recovery.
If you are interested in a facelift, please contact New Image Plastic Surgery Associates today by calling 703-742-8004 or completing our online form to schedule a consultation. Dr. Roberta Gardside serves patients in Reston, Fairfax, and McLean, Virginia and throughout the Washington DC area.