Acne Peel - Acne Treatment
Reston, Fairfax, McLean, Virginia - Washington, D.C.
Clinical Probiotic Clarifying Peel Kit
Contact Dr. Gartside to schedule a mybody® PEEL today.
A new advancement in non-invasive chemical peels, myPROBIOTIC™ PEEL combines a mild compound of Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs) with the therapeutic and skin healing science of myPROBIOTICS™ Renewal Technology to directly help renovate the skin’s natural vivacity and tone, along with a succession of lasting benefits for more youthful skin. Mybody® features the PREP PEN™ and PEEL PEN™, for fresh, select dispensing solution for a safer, rapid and more accurate application.
ABOUT THIS PROCEDURE:
Mybody® introduces the latest peel technologies that work from the inside-out to brighten, tighten and restore your natural, youthful radiance. Mybody® is developed for all skin types, myPROBIOTIC PEELS are the model scientific treatment for those seeking rapid results using healthier ingredients, devoid of the usual irritation and recovery time of other peels. myPROBIOTIC Skin Renewal Technology™ is proven to naturally stimulate the skin’s dermal immune system, facilitating the skin’s healthy return to a balanced and youthful-looking condition.
The myPROBIOTIC PEEL for patients with severe acne or acne prone skin combines salicylic acid with the myPROBIOTIC Skin Renewal Technology™ to instantly help reduce surface acne, while preventing potential breakouts, by regulating the skin’s pH balance and managing the growth and spread of acne causing bacteria.
HOW IT IS DIFFERENT:
myPROBIOTIC PEELS work from the inside-out, avoiding the “burn” its way through the skin’s surface process to generate a healing reaction. Using myPROBIOTIC Skin Renewal Technology™, myPROBIOTIC PEELS detoxify the skin to fight pathogens and unwanted toxins from the environment as it improves the natural moisture, surface and the appearance of exterior skin layers. There is little-to-no peeling or down-time related with myPROBIOTIC PEELS.
HOW IT WORKS:
myPROBIOTIC Skin Renewal Technology™ features inorganic Probiotic Derived Bioactives (PDB) secluded from the existing bacteria (lactobacillus). Non-animal and non-diary, PDB are “good” bacteria molecules that have the exclusive ability to “trick” the skin into thinking it is under attack, triggering and engaging the skin’s immune system.
WHAT RESULTS CAN I EXPECT?
- Skin immediately feels tighter and smoother
- Clarity and tone improves within a week
- The stimulation of collagen helps diminish fine lines and wrinkles
- Redness is reduced
- Improved oxygen uptake gives the skin a healthier texture and radiance
- Your recovery time will depend on the type of peel you chose and your skin’s unique healing response. In order to achieve the best potential results from your myPROBIOTIC PEEL, it is important to follow the home product procedures and adhere to the following:
- Sun Exposure: Avoid direct sun exposure 5-10 days after the peel. Sun block is mandatory.
- Skin Care: Do not pull, peel or pick at the skin. Dampen your hands to cleanse the skin (no wash cloths, loofas, sponges)
- Exercise: Do not exercise for a minimum of 24 hours after a peel (avoid elevating your body heat)
- Swimming/Spa: Do not swim or use a spa for at least 48 hours after the peel (chlorine can aggravate the skin)
- Waxing/Hair Removal: Do not wax any part of the treated area for 2 weeks following a peel
- Hair Treatments: No hair dyes, straightening or permanent wave treatments for 1 week before or after a peel
- Water Intake: Increase water intake to a minimum of 8 glasses of water daily (1/2 your body weight in ounces)
- Facial Exfoliation: No exfoliating products for 5 days following peel and no facial exfoliation treatments for 14 days following a peel
- No aesthetic injections (i.e. Botox, Juvederm, etc…) during the entire course of treatment
- For the first 5 days after your peel, please the instructions of the mybody® product :
- Wet hands and use nickel sized amount of CLEAN ROUTINE. Work into lather and cleanse entire face. Rinse and pat dry with soft towel. Do not rub skin.
- Apply a thin later (dime sized amount) of CALM AFTER THE STORM. Let product absorb into the skin.
- Apply 1-2 pumps of SAFETY BLANKET to the entire face.
- Apply generous amount (1-2 pumps) of PROTECT AND SERVE SPF 30 to entire face.
- Each evening the same regimen will be followed, except step 4 – PROTECT AND SERVE
- Depending on your skin type, an additional treatment product may be recommended to boost your results. If so, that product will be STEP 2, morning and evening.
- Dr. Gartside will determine which home product kit you will use based on the skin analysis and desired results. Products and instructions will be given to you to use after your skin has healed from the myPROBIOTIC Peel.
- If you experience any unusual redness, swelling, itching, burning, pain or other reaction, contact Dr. Gartside immediately at 703.742.8004